After doing some reading both on her blog and online, I realized that this a small award that a blogger can give to other bloggers that are just starting out and have less than 200 followers (although I have seen different numbers in different sources).
So here are the rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
My 11 random facts:
1. I am bilingual and bicultural, having split my existence between the US and Portugal.
2. When I was 6, I used to Tap dance.
3. When I was 16, I did Hip Hop and when I was 20 I did Salsa dancing.
4. I am a huge soccer fan, and my favorite team is Sport Lisboa e Benfica .
5. I used to help my father in his restaurant from age 16-24 and really enjoyed it.
6. Ever since I was in 8th grade I knew I wanted to be a psychologist! (Kind of weird, I know!)
7. I have been back in the US since 2008 (this time around).
8. One of my favorite foods is the most simple delight: a stew of peas, chorizo and poached eggs.
9. I am now officially addicted to Apple products and have my whole life synced up thanks to it.
10. My favorite Boston location is the Boston Common. My favorite place in Lisbon is Belem.
11. One of my favorite things to do is “people watching” (but in a good way).
Here are the questions that Whispers from a Working Mom had for me:
1. How long have you been blogging? Since December 2012, although I had another blog back in Portugal in 2006.
2. What is your favorite shampoo? Right now, an organic shampoo called Pura D’Or – it’s been great for hair loss!
3. Name a song that reminds you of high school? – Tubthumping by Chumbawamba (If you can’t see this, it’s worth going on YouTube and finding this gem!)
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? – Hopefully with kids and having started my own business.
5. What accomplishment are you most proud of? – Having had the courage to leave my family and start over in the US, working full-time while doing a Post-Grad at the same time!
6. How do you relax? – By watching bad, brainless TV, most of the time. In Portugal I used to like sitting by the ocean and feel the sun on my skin.
7. If you had an extra hour in the day what would you do? – Exercise! At least that’s what I say I would do.
8. What is your all time favorite Christmas gift? – Spending it with all my family!
9. If price weren’t an option, what would your dream car be? – A Volvo XC-70
11. When was the last time you did a shot of alcohol? With who? – The last shot was probably in October with my uncle and cousins at my aunt and uncle’s 25th Wedding Anniversary! Good times!
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Life Happens (Portugal)
Finally, to finish here are my questions for my nominees!
1. What made you start a blog?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. What was the toughest lesson you have learned in your life?
5. What was the happiest moment of your life?
6. If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?
7. What is the one thing that always makes you smile?
8. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
9. If you had to choose between chocolate cake or a big dish of pasta with your favorite sauce and ingredients which would you choose?
10. What is your dream travel destination?
11. Would you prefer to live in the city, suburbs, beach or wilderness?
It was fun to think about all these random facts and share a little bit more of myself with my readers! I hope the nominees enjoy the experience, as well!